El Bulli Foundation
Cap de Creus
El por qué de la transformación de El Bulli
El sueño de los Schilling
¿Cómo se divulgará la creatividad?
Para seguir siendo felices
Arquitectura Enric Ruiz Geli
It is a pleasure to be here and SHARE the THINKING and ARCHITECTURAL PROCESS of elBulliFoundation
- we are in the CAP DE CREUS NATURAL PARK
- we want to protect, conserve and INCREASE BIODIVERSITY
- As Ferran says, Cap de Creus is a PARADISE. There is a total of 20.000m2 built property and we are privileged to have around 13.800 Ha.
- Due to this privilege, the ElBulliFoundation will be a PILOT PROJECT for the Natural Parks in Spain.
- as in elBulli Ferran does CREATIVE AUDITS of elBulli
- our particular vision of the EVOLUTION of ARCHITECTURE has its CREATIVITY MAP
- our way to a PARTICLE ARCHITECTURE
- PILOT PROJECT in architecture. VANGUARD working on PARTICLES.
- elBulliFoundation will be an architecture of particles
- the restaurant TURNS into a FOUNDATION
- the LANDSCAPE becomes DATA clouds
- now we have a MASS of 2.000.000 POINTS
- internet is a DATA CLOUD, Telefonica talks about cloud computing,
- elBulliFoundation is a CLOUD OF INFORMATION
- WAGENSBERG tells us that the most IMPORTANT thing about PARTICLES is their RELATIONSHIP... “Then, what does remain? Not, the particles, but their relations, their order…, in other words, an information. The essence of things is not in the matter, but in the shape.” (Jorge Wagensberg)
- CO2, PHOTOSYNTHESIS, SALINITY, RELATIVE HUMIDITY, NATURAL PARK , GEOTERMIA... the heat of the earth...
- in ELBULLI FOUNDATION the architecture is PURE ENERGY
We are showing you our system of work in Cloud 9: We analyze both kinds of reality, tectonic, (through a 3D scanner) and chemical(through a weather station). We process all the data through a series of softwares until we arrive to just one reality.
Two realities (tectonic and chemical), drive us to just one architecture: the architecture of elBulliFoundation….
- Through other softwares we are able to introduce some aspects that improve the building through parametric design, such as the economy, materiality, structure, energetic efficiency…
- Once we have performed all these parameters we digitally obtain a 3d model of the building
- From this model we can obtain movies and renders of the building. However, besides these due to the benefits of digital fabrication systems (laser, CNC, rapid prototyping…) from this model we can easily build our architecture.
a brainstorming /cinema hall
a place to find ideas
a few “experiences”
y proyecto de retrofitting
Each euro that is spent on the retrofitting project means 6 euros of saved energy
These thermographic images display part of the energetic audit that "Tecnalia" did at elBulli, in March 2011
Space for Brainstorming and Cinema
Ferran and Juli asked from us a space for BRAINSTORMING and CINEMA
- TACTICAL OBSERVATORY:
Ferran calls us to preserve the view from the privileged place, where the media room is located.
- TACTICAL ENTRY: Access will be partially buried and marked as an appendix to the building.
- TACTICAL OBSERVATORY MONTJOI: the observatory will have a long and narrow viewpoint in order to enhance the viewing experience.
- BORING TACTICS: we began to approach the world of DEAD CORAL, bone, limestone, with holes to let in light, or focus on special views of the sky.
Brainstorming. Scenario 01. 09.00-11.00. Group meeting
First simulation of Scenario 01 at elBulli where the brainstorming will be built. With the last generation of cooks and waiters of elBulliRestaurant. March 17th 2011.
Brainstorming. Roof plan
Brainstorming. Access section
Language and technology embedded in the brainstorming exterior skin
Detail from the exterior skin of the brainstorming. Technological elements and microlandscapes
Detail from the exterior skin of the brainstorming. Technological elements and microlandscapes
Interior images of the brainstorming
Constructive process of brainstorming:
Creation of the inflatable - Introduction of the mesh - Projection of the insulation and concrete - Creation of holes
Structural studio by DOMO
Ideari1. the IDEOLOGY has a CONCEPT: working in DINNING ROOM 2. THINKING spaces result in 4 different ways to EAT and WORK.
- ORGANIC ARCHITECTURE
- TUBE SPONGES
Exterior render of ideology and its environment
Detail of the methacrylate pergola
Exterior view from beneath the pergola
Interior view from the access
ElBulliFoundation is an ARCHIVE and is CREATION. Let’s THINK: where can you see an archive and its creators at the same time?
- ARCHIVE architecture is a “sister” of the KITCHEN (in line with the Miró Foundation)
- highly INTEGRATED, green roofs
- 3. elBulliFoundation will provide an INTEGRATED architecture in the MODERN CUISINE.
- the ARCHIVE will have an architecture as a stage, where things are not permanent
- it will be
- • digital
- • physical
- • interactive
- • with TELEFÓNICA technology
- elBulliFoundation produces STAGE architecture, there are STAGE spaces
In the roof plan of the archive we can see how vegetation (50%) and energetic generation (50%) are the two main constructive elements.
“ We live in the archive era. Google is an archive browsing. YouTube is a big archive, even the generic map is a life archive. But in the nineties or even in 2000 we were not thinking about what this archival impulse was doing. An exhibition was a big archive. Now artists are more interested in thinking about what it means to be a subject in a world full of archives.”
Carolyn Christov-Bakargiev, Artistic Director of Documenta (13) Kassel 2012.
Interview in El País 10/12/2010
The façade of the service room, located next door, is completely made out of green autochthonous species, and contributes to the integration of the whole complex.
The façade of the service room next door is completely made out of green autochthonous species, and contributes to the integration of the whole complex
A working model of the building.
Structural studies made by Monvaga
Interior Access to the archive building
Main space of the interior of the archive
Ferran and Juli require a sustainable and profitable storage
Currently it suffers from aluminosis
The building will be rebuilt maintaining the actual appearance.
A new concrete block will be covered imitating the actual elBulli
In addition to storage space appears a toilet and an installation’s closet
BulliFoundations’ Parking is currently where workers park.
The actual terrain is characterized by being split up with the rest.
Tunnel of knowledge tunnel is an expositive linear courtyard
Parking places and installation stands will be combined
In order to generate the furniture CELL land should be contained
Installations inside stands will remain totally integrated in the field
The stands principal’s walls choose vegetation
Example: Millenium Cupule, Enric Ruiz-Geli, Valladolid 2009
Nitrogen square is located at the rear of the kitchen
A new pavement to improve the actual conditions
Creation of a cabinet to contain nitrogen and containers
Elevation A from the exterior of the BulliFoundation
Elevation B from the exterior of the BulliFoundation
Túnel del coneixement
Tunnel of knowledge is an expositive linear courtyard.
The tunnel is generated between the “ideario” and the retaining walls
The carpet full of content will be lost between nature and culminate in a table
Tunnel will be 66m linear
The carpet full of content and information is lost between the natures culminating in a table
Creation of a seascape according to the surrounding scenery
It is not a LINEAR landscape. It is an SPOT LANDSCAPE, an EVENT, a “CENOTE”
We use three already known stretegies:
- NATURAL CREATION as an ABSTRACT element
- the MIMETIC RECREATION of natural landscapes such as the American developments of the 70’s and 80’s, SEA WORLD
- CREATION of natural LANDSCAPE design by LANDSCAPE and GARDENING strategies.
A fourth strategy for elBulliFoundation:
based on PENROSE studies we developed an abstract nature that is based on natural geometries which able to condense the surrounding natural essences.
Seascape plan. Cenote's relationship with the existing stone sculpture
View of the cenote in elBulliFoundation environment
Cross section of the seascape. Materials of the Penrose rocks from Cap de Creus: granite, basalt and limestone.
Longitudinal section of the seascape. Formation of ceramic pieces with microalgae
Seascape particle, environment 3d scanner
Sample of microalgae
Seascape 3D model
Ferran and Juli asked us for experiences in very special places in the masterplan
Location of the experiences and the sculptures in the masterplan
brass coffee tree
jelly smoke and fog coffee
OBSERVATORY TRAMPOLINE SCULPTURE
wooden furniture on the lookout for having drinks
cactus and rocks of Cap de Creus on the terrace
wooden trampoline to view the Montjoi (vacuum)
pavillion of particles (2,000,000 olives)
sensors and cables
EMPHATIC TREE AND ALGAE EXPERIENCE
existing rock MORPHING into a PENROSE ROCK
basaltic magma (fire inside)
ceramic corals and gold sword
feathers of birds from Cap de Creus
peregrine nest balcony
In elBulliFoundation project we consider sustainability
We want to achieve LEED certification
- ARCHITECTURE is the NUMBER ONE cause of CLIMATE CHANGE, being responsible for 40% of CO2 emissions
- ELBULLIFOUNDATION will be a ZERO EMISSION PILOT PROJECT
- TECNALIA is the FIRST TECHNOLOGY CENTER in Spain. It is one of the 5 TECHNOLGY CENTERS in the world.
- TECNALIA has created the CREATIVE ENERGY LIVING LAB CONCEPT for elBulli
- 1. example of innovation. IMAGINE:
- 2. PHOTOSYNTESIS SENSORS IN LEAVES
- METER SOIL SALINITY SENSOR
- A FLOW METER SAP SENSOR
- A METER DIAMETER TREE PULSE
- in ELBULLIFOUNDATION, two trees will be the DIRECTORS of energy. LIVING LAB de TECNALIA
Electrical and thermal Masterplan of Sustainability
Dossiers de Prensa elBulliFoundation
Descargar aqui todas las fotografias de la Presentación Madrid Fusión (.zip)
Descargar aqui las fotografias de la Presentación Teatre Municipal de Roses - 28/01/2011 (.zip)
Clipping de prensa
ElBulli Foundation: un proyecto sin reglas y sostenible
Preguntas y Respuestas sobre el nuevo elBulli
El nuevo elBulli (video)
Ferran Adrià presenta elBulli Foundation que aunará "riesgo, libertad..."
Ferran Adrià, creación en directo en su nuevo Bulli del Cabo de Creus
Nace elBulliFoundation que "costará" 800.000 euros
La opinión de Murcia25/01/2011
El nuevo Bulli, de restaurante a fundación
- El BulliFoundation (Work in Progress)
- Otra sobredosis de Ferran Adriá?
- El BulliFoundation reabrirá sus puertas en 2014 bajo el formato...
- Madrid Fusión y Ferrán Adriá abren la semana de alta cocina
Descargar aqui todos los Periódicos (.zip)